Take the extra time to reflect on what's real - do the research & learn. Enjoy & reflect on this beautiful February sunset on Naples Beach. Photo Courtesy of Charly Caldwell II
With so much information available on the Internet and social media, it can be hard to decipher what's real from what’s … not.
Qualified personal trainers hold professional degrees in fitness-related fields, including exercise science and kinesiology, plus years of experience training clients to reach their fitness goals.
When you’re seeking answers, seek out a professional. Don’t be fooled by misinformation.
Get quality information from a qualified professional so you may realize your goals.
MYTH #1: You need to be in the 'fat-burning zone' to burn fat.
You might have heard about the 'fat burning zone' and how you need to run for long durations in this zone to burn fat.
Though there is truth to this, the same desired outcome can be achieved through a...
Join us for a beautiful fall morning run in gorgeous Fort Myers, Florida...
Regardless the kind of exercise or activity you do, you will always require some sort of energy to complete the task at hand.
Without our metabolic processes’ we would not be able to convert the food we eat into usable fuel.
Around 60% of the energy we get from our food is used for keeping the body alive and its organs working correctly. The other 40% can be used for walking, exercise and other daily activities.
If the energy does not get used, a big part of it will be stored in the body as fat.
Extensive dieting reduces our metabolic rate, cuts down your energy levels and is not the best way to lose weight.
Exercise can help to increase your resting metabolic rate, meaning you’ll start to burn more calories even while your body is in its resting mode.
High intensity exercise or vigorous resistance training can cause you to burn calories for hours after the training has been completed.
Angie sharing delicious things & ideas in the kitchen, filming the 14 Day Fit & Fresh Challenge (a bonus in our fantastic Monthly Program!)
For those of us with busy and active lifestyles, it can be a real challenge to keep the body sufficiently fueled day after day.
Between work, working out and the rest of life, we can end up eating on the run more than we would like to. Cue food preparation.
You’ve probably heard or read that you increase your chances of eating poorly if you are caught out without food and that advance meal prepping is absolutely the answer.
For some, perhaps, but not everyone wants to spend their Sunday afternoons chopping onions, weighing out chicken and adding just enough cheese to keep the food calculator happy.
For many, especially those who have only recently embarked on a training program, food prepping can be a source of stress and even the most hardcore food preppers would be pushed to admit they will do this forever. Life eventually gets in...
We are aware, now more than ever, of how the food we eat plays a significant role in our health, performance, mood and body composition. Many are less conscious, though, of how our behaviors and attitudes around food also impact these outcomes.
Through print, radio and social media, we are continually bombarded with information on how we should and shouldn’t eat, so it’s not surprising that many of us are confused, stressed and anxious about food.
So, what is a ‘healthy’ diet then?
A healthy diet is one in which you are intuitive to your hunger and fullness cues.
You can recognize when you are getting hungry and you feel free to eat. No food rules dictate when you should or should not eat, you listen to your body. A healthy diet means your eating behaviors are flexible. You can travel, try new foods and cuisines and eat out with friends and family. Your diet or food rules do not dictate your social life. A healthy diet provides your body with all its...